The best thing about the Duraflame DFS-450-2 Carleton Electric Stove with Heater is its price, which makes it one of the most affordable electric heaters in the market. It creates a very comforting warmth and fits well within any small room, office or basement.
The Duraflame DFS-450-2 Carleton Electric Stove gives you excellent warmth throughout the winter. It comes with two switches, one of which is used to give it a flame effect and the other is used for the thermostat settings. It is very easy to adjust the amount of heat on this electric stove/heater. It gives you all the heat you need with no more than the flip of a switch.
Why is the Duraflame DFS-450-2 Carleton Electric Stove so popular? For one, it delivers 4,600-BTU of heat and provides excellent heating for a space that’s 400 sq. feet or less. It looks like a 19th century stove in a lot of ways, which adds authenticity and elegance to any house. The panel is pretty cool when you touch it as the electronic stove has protection against overheating.
If there is any drawback to the Duraflame DFS-450-2 Carleton Electric Stove with Heater, it is that it does not come with a remote control, so you will need to adjust all the temperature and other settings manually.
Duraflame DFS-450-2 Carleton Electric Stove with Heater – Features
Advanced Thermostat Settings and Heat Protection – We are pretty impressed with the thermostats of Duraflame DFS-450-2 as it controls the amount of heat easily, which is well distributed throughout the room. You can cool any room with a by flicking the thermostat setting on the Duraflame electric stove with a single touch. The stove is heat protected so you don’t have to worry about your children or pet dog getting hurt by coming into contact with it.
Offers a Choice Between Heat and Flame – The Duraflame DFS-450-2 Electric Heater comes with an optional heat operation, which allows you to use it all through the year. This means you can use the stove during summer season simply turning on the flame, and not the heat. You can dim down the flame as well when it’s late and night and it’s time to sleep.
Easy to Install – the Duraflame DFS-450-2 is very easy to install as the stove is fully assembled. You can get the heat straight away by simply plugging the stove into an electric socket. The stove starts working out of the box and can be heated right away.
Duraflame DFS-450-2 Carleton Electric Stove with Heater: Pros and Cons
• It works with and without heat. You can just have the flame on, if you like
• It comes with a hidden operable door and easy to operate mechanical controls
• The overheat protection is useful especially when there are small children or pets in the house. It keeps them sake
• The heater shuts off instantly just when the stove is about to overheat
• The stove offers highly realistic flame effects and comes with a dimmer
• We love the picture window and the arched frame detailing
• It is always cool to touch, no risk of getting burnt
• You don’t need any hookups to attach the stove
• It looks very authentic as if with real glowing logs and ember bed
• It does not come with a remote control, which means you will need to adjust the settings manually
• It has only one setting for the heat. It does not have low and high heat settings.
The Bottom Line
Duraflame DFS-450-2 Electric Stove costs just $91.02, which is very cheap and comes with a number of great features, which we have discussed in this review. It is perfect for a small room, office or basement and saves you a lot of money as you won’t need to spend anything on chimneys or gas lines and are spared of the maintenance costs. You don’t have to worry about any soot, smoke or sparks either. The stove is portable, durable and comes with a stay-cool matte finish. We recommend it highly.>>Click here to buy the Electric Fireplace from Amazon